Job Title: Plantation Manager
Fully responsible of the overall operation and financial performance of the company’s plantations.
- Fully responsible of the overall operation and financial performance of the company’s plantations.
- Assuming leadership responsibility in ensuring infrastructure and supporting units are well equipped.
- Working closely with other department heads of the company to facilitate cost effective operation.
- Providing leadership and strategic guidance to all Agriculture aspects (R&D, Development, Harvesting, Maintenance).
- Actively involved in the business’ ground operations.
- Involved in the planning and execution of the company’s expansion plan.
- Oversees the daily operations of the estate – be responsible for the human capital development, asset utilization and preservation and operational performance.
- Inspecting the plantations and prepare submission written report after each visit detailing the state and conditions of all aspects of the estate together with necessary recommendation.
- Provide recommendations on all agricultural aspects of the development and operation of the estates conformance to best developed practices.
- Ensure all plantations are within the framework of Environment policies and responsibilities.
- Ensure all work operations in safe and responsible manner
- Planning and managing estate budget to ensure operating expenses and profitability are maximized.
- Build relationship with key stakeholders and also local government and community around the estate.
- Any other duties delegated by the CEO.
- Proven working Experience of at least 10 years in managing palm oil plantations.
- Degree in Agriculture/Forestry/Science & Technology or any related field.
- Solid Technical Background with understanding in a Palm Oil Mill.
- Strong experience in managing plantations in various location
- Proven track-record in managing multiple estates
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English and Igbo
- Interpersonal, Strong Leadership, Problem-Solving and Time Management Skills
- Basic Agronomic Knowledge and Farming Practices.
- Organised, pragmatic, proactive, result-oriented, rigorous
- Team spirit
- Strong communication and social skills
- Potential to progress to a higher responsibility position
- Ability to live in a remote environment
The successful candidate will be remunerated with an attractive package and company’s benefits
Kindly apply in the link below by sending your CV and Application Letter.